C4A is part of the immune system that is activated in the presence of bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites. When C4A is high, it means your immune system is in overdrive. This means your immune system is working hard trying to clear pathogens and toxins.
Elevated C4A levels affect the body by:
- Impairing capillary perfusion leading to fatigue, muscle pain, and impaired exercise tolerance
- Imbalance of the glutamine/glutamate ratios in nerve cells leading to the following cognitive symptoms
- Impaired memory
- Impaired concentration
- Decreased assimilation of new information
- Impaired word finding
Elevated C4A strongly correlates with fatigue due to mitochondrial or cell dysfunction. C4A levels can be increased in people with Lyme disease, Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS), or Mold Illness. See more about these conditions **HERE!** (What will this link to?)Elevated levels of C4A may trigger the degranulation of mast cells and basophils, that cause increased inflammation. According to SurvivingMold.com, C4a raised levels can mean a person is hypersensitive and should not live in a home with an ERMI score above 2. C4A levels may be decreased with mycotoxin avoidance.
Mycotoxins are known to disturb hormone work. So, what are mycotoxins and where do they come from? The short answer is mold. Mold needs to defend its territory just like you need to defend your home. Mycotoxins are produced by certain molds as a defense mechanism. Find out more: LINK
Mold can grow inside homes, schools, and workplaces undetected for years and fueled by damp conditions. The mycotoxins produced by mold can affect the body’s central nervous system as well as the immune system. The C4A inflammatory test can be very telling. In the event that the body is overpowered by C4A, it is very conceivable that the person is being exposed to mold.
It is important to understand that mold is only part of the problem. If your immune system is weakened by the over-activated C4A, you are more susceptible to fungal overgrowth in the body. Illness from mold is one of the biggest health issues impacting us today that is not addressed effectively in the mainstream medical system. It’s so important to be in touch with your surroundings, and link your environment with your health. If you’re unsure of the safety of your environment please connect us today for more information.
The information contained on this site is for informational and educational purposes only. It does not represent a health diagnosis, therapeutic recommendation or prescription for treatment. We urge you to consult and obtain medical advice from a licensed, trained, and competent medical provider for concerns with health issues.