Mold can greatly affect those with asthma and/or sensitive respiratory systems. People with asthma should avoid mold at all costs, as it can easily trigger an asthma attack. If you or someone you know, is affected with asthma and thinks there may be mold in their home, it’s time you call a Certified Mold Specialist to come check it out. Asthma is nothing to joke about, and when paired with mold can be very dangerous and detrimental to your health.

Mold is a type of microscopic fungi that can be found anywhere. It grows best in damp environments such as kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. Mold creates tiny spores that reproduce and spread. When these spores are inhaled, it can bring on an asthma attack.

Many actions can be taken to prevent those with asthma. It’s important you keep air flowing throughout your home, especially in areas known for mold growth. Maintain low indoor humidity, between 30-50%, as high humidity tends to be a major breeding ground for mold. Fix any leaks, as soon as possible, to keep the mold from growing. If you do come in visual contact with mold or smell it’s musty odor, it’s best you contact a professional.

The Certified Mold Specialists are here to assist you and your family in creating a pathway for a healthier lifestyle!