According to Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker (a top authority on mold illness), 24% of the population has a genetic defect that makes them susceptible to chronic mold illness. That’s almost 80 million people in the U.S. alone.
Patients experiencing CIRS are often misdiagnosed with other debilitating
illnesses, often leaving the patient suffering for years. Common misdiagnoses include:
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
• Depression and Anxiety
• Somatization (ex. Hypochondria)
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
The information contained on this site is for informational and educational purposes only. It does not represent a health diagnosis, therapeutic recommendation or prescription for treatment. We urge you to consult and obtain medical advice from a licensed, trained, and competent medical provider for concerns with health issues.